Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Helping hand

This last weekend I got a chance to help out a good friend and at the same time be involved with beer! Now that is what I call sweet! Hahaha. Brewers Union got a chance to have a booth at the KLCC Brew fest in Eugene. So Ted and I set up 4 firkins, or nines as they are called in the UK. Meaning 9 UK gallons of glorious beer! (10.8 US gallons) Friday night I worked the beer engines providing some of the local residents with their first experience with "real ale" served properly at the right tempature! Cask conditioned ale is a great thing. There was a very good response from the people and most all seemed to really enjoy both beers served. Lots of good information was shared on Ted's pub up in Oakridge and I believe he should get some business from this endeavor. I worked the engines both Friday and Saturday nights. I was a tired camper at the end of the evenings but oh my it was worth it!! Sadly when you pour beer at a festival here in Oregon, you are not allowed to drink any at all! What?? You got to be kidding me!! So Sunday Freda and I went on a mission to Oakridge to satisfy my cravings for a proper pint! Some good food, great beer and friends! Aaaah. Now that is satisfying!

No comments:

Post a Comment